The 2023 Honda CR-V is the sixth generation of the popular compact SUV that has been America’s best-selling crossover since 1997. The new CR-V boasts a bold and rugged design, a spacious and refined interior, a more robust and efficient hybrid powertrain, and advanced safety and technology features. Here is everything you need to know about the 2023 Honda CR-V.
2023 Honda CR-V: Design and Dimensions
The 2023 CR-V has a more significant and aggressive presence than its predecessor, with a longer wheelbase, a wider stance, and a sporty roofline. The front fascia features a large, gloss-black grille with a platinum accent lower bumper on the hybrid models. The LED headlights and taillights have distinctive patterns that enhance the visibility and style of the CR-V. The hybrid models also have dual chrome exhaust finishers that add a touch of performance flair to the rear design.
The 2023 CR-V has increased its overall length by 1.5 inches, width by 0.8 inches, and height by 0.4 inches compared to the previous generation. The wheelbase has also grown by 1.2 inches, resulting in more legroom for both front and rear passengers. The cargo space has also improved, up to 39.2 cubic feet behind the second row and up to 75.8 cubic feet with the second row folded down. Super 73 Electric Bike
2023 Honda CR-V: Powertrain and Performance
The 2023 CR-V offers two powertrain options: a turbocharged gas engine and a hybrid-electric system. The gas engine is a 1.5-liter four-cylinder with VTEC® that produces 190 horsepower and 179 lb-ft of torque. It is paired with a continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT) returned for improved response and efficiency. The gas engine is available with either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive.
The hybrid system consists of a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and two electric motors that deliver 204 horsepower and 232 lb-ft of torque. It is also paired with a CVT with three driving modes: EV, Hybrid, and Engine. The hybrid system is available with either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive with Intelligent Control System™ that enhances traction and stability in different road conditions.
The 2023 CR-V also features an improved suspension system that provides a smoother ride and better handling. The steering system has been recalibrated for more precise feedback and control. The brake system has been upgraded with larger rotors and calipers for more stopping power and confidence.
2023 Honda CR-V: Fuel Economy and Emissions
The 2023 CR-V is expected to have better fuel economy and lower emissions than the previous generation, thanks to the improved powertrain and aerodynamics. The gas engine has an EPA-estimated rating of 28/34/30 mpg (city/highway/combined) for the front-wheel drive models and 27/32/29 mpg for the all-wheel drive models. The hybrid system has an EPA-estimated rating of 43/36/40 mpg for the front-wheel drive models and 40/34/37 mpg for the all-wheel drive models.
The 2023 CR-V also meets the California Air Resources Board (CARB) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) emissions standards. The gas engine is certified as an Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle (ULEV-50), while the hybrid system is certified as a Super Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle (SULEV-30).
2023 Honda CR-V: Safety and Technology
The 2023 CR-V comes standard with Honda Sensing®, a suite of advanced driver-assistive and safety technologies that help prevent or mitigate collisions, keep the driver alert, and enhance convenience. Some of the features included in Honda Sensing® are:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with Pedestrian Detection
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR)
- Blind Spot Information System (BSI) with Cross Traffic Monitor
- Auto High-Beam Headlights
The 2023 CR-V: also offers other safety features, such as
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Anti-lock braking System (ABS) with Brake Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with Tire Fill Assist
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure
- Advanced Front Airbags
- SmartVent® Front Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Knee Airbags
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Child-Proof Rear Door Locks
The 2023 CR-V also features various technology features that enhance comfort, convenience, and connectivity. Some of the features available are:
- 7-inch or 9-inch touchscreen audio system with physical knobs
- Wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration
- Wireless phone charger
- HondaLink® app with remote start, lock/unlock, and vehicle status
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with voice recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic
- 330-watt premium audio system with nine speakers and subwoofer
- Dual-zone automatic climate control system
- Heated front seats and steering wheel
- Leather-trimmed seats and steering wheel
- One-touch power sliding moonroof
- Hands-free access power tailgate
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
2023 Honda CR-V: Pricing and Availability
The 2023 CR-V is available in four trim levels: EX, EX-L, Sport Hybrid, and Sport Touring Hybrid. The starting prices for each trim level are as follows:
- EX (2WD): $31,110
- EX (AWD): $32,610
- Sport Hybrid (2WD): $32,450
- Sport Hybrid (AWD): $33,950
- EX-L (2WD): $33,760
- EX-L (AWD): $35,260
- Sport Touring Hybrid (AWD): $38,600
The prices do not include the destination charge of $1,245. The 2023 CR-V will arrive in Honda dealerships this month, starting with the gas models on Sept. 22, followed by the hybrid models in October.
The 2023 Honda CR-V is a compelling choice for a versatile, reliable, and efficient compact SUV. With its new design, improved powertrain, enhanced safety and technology features, and competitive pricing, the 2023 CR-V sets a new benchmark in its segment. If interested in the 2023 CR-V, visit your local Honda dealer or check the official website for more information.